Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Oreston 50mm F1.8

I wanted a fast lens but I couldn't afford the ones in the market as they're like $500++
So I decided to get a cheap one....so I bought an old Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Oreston 50mm F1.8 for less than $50! ^^
Since I was used to using a film SLR, this kind of lens is not much of an alien thing for me. But it still needs some getting used to 'cause unlike an SLR, DSLRs don't have the split prism thingy in the viewfinder, so it's hard to tell how sharp of a focus you have placed your subject on when you adjust the lens. But life is a river of experience and challenges! And I'm up for it! ^0^
Below are some test shots I did using this lens and some using a Canon Zoom lens (35-80mm, 1:4-5.6) for comparison.

Using Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Oreston 50mm F1.8

(you can see more photos that I have taken using this lens by clicking on the tag 'Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Oreston 50mm F1.8' on the side bar)



Using Canon Zoom Lens EF 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 III


this is how the lens looks like



No comments:

Post a Comment