Monday, June 21, 2010

Karangahape Road

Karangahape Road or K'Road as the local calls it, is (to me) the place where all the true flavours of Auckland reside
I really hope one day (soon) I can really walk around and capture the essence of this truly amazing place (or road to be more precise)

I wanted to try and edit the photos so that they'll look somewhat like faded, old, film photos...it's so that the feel of K'Road being that 'village of all that is vintage' can be expressed....
but when I look back at these photos, it kinda made me go, "mmm...I'm not too sure about that~".....maybe 'cause I didn't even manage to capture anything 'vintage' in 'em
aahh, I need to ACTUALLY learn how to properly edit photos I guess.....




I didn't manage to get much 'cause I was kinda shy going snap snap snap all by myself ('cause people will start to either stare or run away when they see me snapping around....*sigh*)
but I'm gonna go again one of these days and try to get better shots! ('cause I really love K'Road ^^)

And I was browsing around just now and I found this, a website on K'Road!
It tells you all about the place - where to shop, eat, its heritage etc. A good site if you want to know what's hot and what's not there ^^

2 comments:

  1. Truly!K-Road is a place with a mixture of everything. It's so full of local life. This one makes me miss Auckland so much. And I devours your blog tonight because I'm feeling sentimental with the rain. Blessing to you and your beautiful photos. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you~
    and feel free to indulge all you want, I'm just glad to know that you enjoy looking at my photos :D

    ReplyDelete